Randy Travis Releases Anniversary Album
Randy Travis has put together an all-star cast for a new album celebrating his 25-year country career.
Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, George Jones, Carrie Underwood, Shelby Lynn, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson will all be joining Randy on his Anniversary Celebration album that is set for release on June 7th.
For the CD, Randy is recording his mega hits and a few new tunes and claims he really enjoyed working with his old friends
"I didn't know this," Randy tells the Wilkes-Barre Weekender of the song "Diggin' Up Bones," "but when it was written, there was actually a third verse to the song. We added that on the record, and it's hilarious!"
Although he loved working with artists for his album, Randy seems especially pleased that newer artists appreciate his past work. Revealing his response to Carrie Underwood when she asked to record "I Told You So" for her 2007 album, Carnival Ride, the country artists says he told her,"Yeah, and anything else I might have in the catalog!
He adds, "She did that vocal performance, and the first time we heart that was over the phone. And I was amazed even just hearing it on the phone. My comment was then, 'You know, it was far more suited for her as a vocalist than it was for me.' She's remarkable."
Check out the track listing with special guests for Randy Travis' Anniversary Celebration:
1. 'Everything and All' featuring Brad Paisley
2. 'A Few Ole Country Boys' featuring Jamey Johnson
3. 'Forever and Ever, Amen' featuring Zac Brown Band
4. 'He Walked On Water' featuring Kenny Chesney
5. 'T.I.M.E.' featuring Josh Turner
6. 'Love Looks Good On You' featuring Kristin Chenoweth
7. 'Better Class of Losers/She's Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues)' medley feat. Alan Jackson
8. 'More Life' featuring Don Henley
9. 'Can't Hurt A Man' featuring Tim McGraw
10. 'Promises' featuring Shelby Lynne
11. 'Is it Still Over?' featuring Carrie Underwood
12. 'Road To Surrender' featuring Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson
13. 'Diggin' Up Bones' featuring John Anderson
14. 'Someone You Never Knew' featuring Eamonn McCrystal
15. 'Too Much' featuring James Otto
16. 'Didn't We Shine' featuring George Jones, Lorrie Morgan, Ray Price, Connie Smith, Joe Stampley & Gene Watson